Sunday, October 11, 2015

Backward to Go Forward



So, we've been doing a little backward to go forward work in the past week.  As we have attempted more collected work this past year, Jet has been creeping behind the vertical, curling up his neck, and going slightly behind the bit.  This has always been his tendency and coupled with my love of using my hands too much, this has been a running theme since day one.  Add in attempted collection and you pretty much know the story.  We keep making tries at moving from 1st level to 2nd level and ending up slightly btv and legs out behind.  Since he is not an imported warmblood with big movement this is very noticeable.  Then we go back to the lower level work for a couple of weeks, get him moving forward to the contact and seeking the hand and start trying the collection thing again.

I'm pretty happy with this video.  He's forward, straight, and seeking the hand.  I am lined up and looking bio-mechanically pretty correct.  I think I have figured out(hallelujah!) where I have been going wrong in the beginning collection.  I feel stupid it has taken me this long to figure it out.  More video to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment