Friday, July 1, 2016

Don't Laugh

Don't laugh too much, but this has been happening a lot in the past two weeks.  Jet has something going on with his right hind and is on week two of stall rest/hand grazing/hand walking.  If everything goes well he should be back under saddle walking in the next couple of weeks.  In the meantime, for riding, I have the choice of my kids' kind of broke 13.1 pony or my 26 year old Hanoverian mare.  The old mare is in good weight and happy but not quite sound for more than an occasional hack.  The pony is way too small for me and not very fun to ride but she needs to be polished up more than my kids will ever accomplish on 2-3 rides a week.  So...it is what it is.

The plan is to use the Dressage Naturally concepts to see where I can get Rose in 4-6 weeks.  I took a truly horrific before video earlier this week, so that at the end of this experiment we can see how things look in comparison.  Rose has already improved a ton (my daughter is a big fan of having trainer rides!) but she is an opinionated, bossy, pony mare.  Wish me luck and the patience of a saint!




1 comment: