Monday, October 26, 2020

Acavallo Arena AluPro Safety Stirrups Review


I’ve always had a bit of a phobia about getting my foot stuck in a stirrup and having a nasty accident.  With all the new safety stirrups on offer and starting a baby horse, I decided it was time to upgrade from my Herm Sprenger 4 ways.  After some shopping and checking reviews, I decided to go with the Acavallo Arena AluPro Safety Stirrups.  They were at a reasonable price point, had good reviews, and have a simple design.  Basically, the outside arm of the stirrup hinges open under pressure.  Kind of like the old-school rubber band peacock stirrups, but with high tech materials and a lot better looking.





I got these stirrups super fast from Country & Stable.  The packaging was minimalist but nice.  The stirrups themselves are lightweight but not too lightweight, if you know what I mean.  The footbed is wider with a grated top and the whole stirrup is nicely balanced.  Basically, I noticed these stirrups felt different for the first five minutes of my first ride and then forgot about them.  They are so comfortable and feel so right with no slipping, readjusting, or twisting.  I’ve been riding in them for a couple of weeks and I love the safety feature but I actually like the design, function, and feel of the stirrups even more.

6 comments:

  1. Its always nice when we try something and find out how much better life can be with it. It just leaves us wondering- Why did I wait so long??? Recently had the same experience so I can relate! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously regretting not getting a safety stirrup when I upgraded. Those look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are interesting. I hate the safety stirrups with the elastic so these seem like a nice alternative.

    ReplyDelete