Thursday, November 10, 2016

Year to Year Comparison

Last weekend after using the Dressage Naturally concepts for a few months.  Love the shape of his neck, shoulders lifted, and engagement of the hind leg.  Jet is not collected at all but he is engaging his ring of muscles WITH a longer neck and is slightly uphill in his carriage.  I need to lengthen my reins an inch and sit up an inch, which will help put my legs at the girth.  Very harmonious and flowy working trot though, with him totally working off of my seat aids.


Last year about the same time of year when I was trying to ride using the concepts in When 2 Spines Align using stronger back to front half-halts.  Note the neck shape.  Note the hollow behind the saddle and in front of the LS joint.  Note how my body looks crammed together and so does his.  Note the nose behind the vertical.  This is nothing against 2 Spines Align, I just couldn't put the concepts together to make the complete package at all and Jet was not very happy with me.


I know which picture I prefer.  Thoughts?


2 comments:

  1. Glad you found something that suits you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola! I am glad to have found DN and have a pony that is progressing physically but is also happy in his work.

      Delete