Thursday, January 11, 2018

Riding at Hyde Park Stables in London



Had the best time riding in Hyde Park on our London trip in the last week of 2017.  I rode with Hyde Park Stables and had a wonderful experience.  Very professional stable, happy horses, and friendly and competent staff.  The stable is set in mews houses in a neighborhood right next to Hyde Park.  Very charming.  The horses were all in great condition and seemed well selected for their job.  I rode Puzzle, a traditional cob, on a private ride through the park.



Hyde Park, if you are not familiar with it, is in the heart of London.  The park is huge and very naturally landscaped.  Lots of walkers, dogs off lead, kids, and beautiful sights like Kensington Palace, where William and Katherine & Harry and Meghan live.  Even in Winter it is something else.  This map shows just one end of the park, the part we rode through.




My riding companion was Sam and she was friendly and good at her job.  The weather was very cold, think frozen ground and lots of iced over puddles but we still had a lovely hack through the park, walked by The Serpentine, and got in some trotting on the sandy paths.  Puzzle was a quality traditional cob and as soon as he realized I could ride, gave me a nice powerful trot and was a blast to ride.  I wanted to bring him home in my carry-on!  Such a fun experience and one of the highlights of my trip to London.  







No comments:

Post a Comment