Monday, August 26, 2019

A Little Fix for the Dressage Rider’s Posture III



In my (never ending) quest to sit the F#$@ up, I found these gems about neutral spine on Dressage Rider Training.




The idea of the two bowls being level and aligned works really well as an image for me, possibly even better than the hinge image, and lo and behold I sit at vertical when using this idea.  My seat also is super balanced, following, and really effective.  Have I found a big breakthrough?  Try it out and tell me what YOU think.






2 comments:

  1. Maybe not so much an image of bowls, but I just have to remember to sit up and bring my inside shoulder back. Otherwise I lean forward and hunch over like a football player trying to protect the ball. Its a posture thing for me even Out of the saddle so I work at it a little more every day. You will get there. It just takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a process! Tiny adjustments can make a huge difference over time though.

    ReplyDelete