Monday, September 9, 2019

Pictures of Me Almost Sitting Up at a Horse Show


I know, I know, a tease with the ribbon picture, but I do have photographic evidence that I sat up at a horse show.  Not consistently, but it is a start.


Not a great moment of stride but I like the overall balance.  And look, Jet is almost uphill.


Slightly forward here, but love his balance and hind leg.


A little forward here and slight downhill balance.  Still soft and listening though, and love this shot of teeny tiny Jet next to this behemoth.  We were competing against some BIG horses and I felt like I was driving a Miata and everyone else had a BMW 7 series!  Poor Jet in the warmup ring- he was a bit intimidated!

Anyway, on to the important stuff.  Jet was so good.  Listening, light, and in harmony.  He did everything I asked, when I asked, and tried so hard.  I felt like he couldn’t be any more in partnership with me.  By focusing on the harmony/partnership and doing more in hand work to supplement the actual dressage work, I felt like I got an optimal result.  He was actually happy to be at the show and in the Dressage ring.  Our scores were a 58% and a 59% at First 1 & 2 for two fifth places.  The judge was scoring everyone pretty tough but I thought she was fair.  She liked our harmony but wanted me to “SIT UP!!!”  so my horse’s shoulders can elevate and he can use his hind end better.  No arguments here.  We have our last show of the year in four weeks and I will share the prep plan for myself and Jet  in my next post.







No comments:

Post a Comment