Thursday, January 2, 2020

A Trip, Some Thoughts on 2019, and Onward to 2020


Just got home from a fabulous family trip to Stockholm.  The architecture, the sights, the museums and churches-what a great trip!


The trip was a lovely end to 2019.  I wasn’t as focused on riding this year because of various(good!) life events, but Jet and I still got out and showed at 1st Level with an average season score in the 60%’s, so not too bad for my quarter horse auction pony!  I feel like I met most of my fitness, and riding goals, so no complaints, especially in a busy family year.


My 2020 goals are a little more simple this year.  I’d like to show Jet at 1st or 2nd Level on my DLSC at least four times, but I will make a decision about level based on how he is going in April/May.  Basically, we can try to improve our scores at 1st into a high 60% average or aim for 60% at 2nd Level.  We shall see!


My resolution for this year is much more simplified.  Small changes that make a big difference.  This is more of a rolling resolution, in that as ideas come up I will try to incorporate them into my life.  Some recent examples would be: more drives and walks with the hubby, a second volunteer opportunity, purposely adding in more “fun days” for Jet...you get the idea.  What are your resolutions/goals for 2020?














2 comments:

  1. I would love to get to Sweden some day. It looks like a wonderful trip. Still working on my goals....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stockholm was fabulous especially Gamla Stan. The countryside was interesting and beautiful as well. Lots and lots of backyard horses with outdoor feeders. Even on the way to and from the airport!

      Delete