Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Pole Work Explanation and Benefits


This was recently posted on Facebook and I thought it was a wonderful, simple explanation of the biomechanics and benefits of pole work.  Now that I’m mostly riding inside, Jet is not doing as much pole work, but when I am riding outside I try to incorporate pole work most days in our warmup.  I don’t do it as a separate work day, but that might be something to think about with Cruz next year.

Do you use pole work?  What kind and how frequently?

4 comments:

  1. I had been using a bit of pole work when training for jumping, but since saddle fit has been a constant Nope! it's back to driving for a while. We had been using them for a lot of different things- shortening and lengthening strides, going over things at angles, scoping out & judging distances to rails, lateral movements, obstacles... They have a Lot of beneficial uses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pole work. It takes some work to convince Carmen that the goal is not to fling her front legs over, hollow and prance through. :)

    ReplyDelete