Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Finally

 


I’m so excited that I’ve finally found a local boarding barn to haul into on the weekends.  It’s a small facility about 30 minutes from my farm.  Nothing fancy, but very serviceable, and in return for renting a dry stall at a reasonable price, I can trailer in any time I want.  I have a stall to pop him in and out of.  I can come early the first few times when things are low activity and do groundwork and targeting.  I can resolve the other horses, more going on, and work on his focus on me at my leisure and on the ground before I tackle it under saddle.  Starting this weekend.  Pretty excited to go back and get this step we missed in his education.



In other updates, we’ve working our way through filming all three Training Level tests for the year end DSO show.  Test 1 is already filmed and sent to be judged.  Test 2 will be this weekend and Test 3 the weekend after.  I’m spending a week preparing for each test and polishing things up in the hope of reaching my goal of 70+% on each test.  We’ve been mixing things up by adding in some pole work and “trail” rides with targets.  I’ve also had a couple of big epiphanies lately that I’ll share soon.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! So nice to get the experience in the 'real world' without the stress of shows or clinics and wanting to be at your best

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a wonderful resource to have available. It’s going to help you so much!

    ReplyDelete