Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Sitting Up

 



We just finished filming Training Test 3 for the Dressage Show Online Championship and I am twiddling my thumbs waiting on scores and placings.  I was pleased overall with all three tests but looking at the videos a few things came up.  Firstly, I am still not even close to sitting up.  Secondly, Cruise is not really on the bit/showing the circle of energy.  Thirdly, our canter and our canter departures are better(they exist!) but need improvement.

So as one will, I hit up YouTube for some answers and found this little GEM to help with one of our issues.  Basically to sit back the rider puts the reins in the outside hand and grabs the cantle with the inside hand at the walk, then the trot, and then the canter.  I tried this exercise today and WOW.  Deepest seat ever.  Completely sitting back and easy to balance.  Much improved sitting back when not holding the cantle.  If you’re looking for me for the next month or two this is what I’ll be doing.  A lot . YouTube FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment