Monday, October 16, 2017

Bee Serious



It's hard to take yourself seriously when you are dressed as a giant bee, but the last dressage show of the year was a good one.  I couldn't have asked for Jet to bee(!!!) any better.  He got off the trailer at his fourth new venue in four shows and put his head right down to graze.  Totally chill with the chaos and crazy costumes and basically acting like a horse show pro after only four shows.  Out tests were really nice too, flowing and relaxed, with really good canter transitions in Intro C.  


Intro A was a 68.125% for a first, Intro B a 67.8% for second, and Intro C a 70% for another second.  I was super pleased with the scores and judge's comments but even more pleased with Jet's attitude after four (four!!!) shows, that he gets the horse show thing and is totally reasonable to deal with.  From doing passage in a test at our first show, to needing a little more "march" according to the judge at our fourth show, I will take it.  You can see the second half of Intro C HERE if you would like to see my wings in action.  A good day and a really good show season considering that I never thought this horse would settle enough to show and I didn't plan to show this year at all.  Glad I pushed my comfort zone and challenged myself.






2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Jet looks so relaxed and professional out there. So jealous of your transitions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased with his attitude out and about Wendy. Hopefully, on to harder tests in more venues next year!

      Delete