Saturday, July 18, 2020

Pivo Beta Horse Update



Pivo just updated with a beta horse option and we tried it out this morning.  Wow.  Talk about an update making a huge difference.  Now Pivo follows us down the long side and even through things like leg yields and lateral work from the front/hind.  I probably got more than 15 minutes of usable footage out of 20 minutes of total video.  Big, big improvement.  I also think I can make things even better by trying to place the Pivo at E or C and also fiddling with my camera settings.  For those of you keeping track I did set my tripod at knee height mounted instead of stirrup height and I used my back camera, both of which seemed to help.  Really pleased overall.

Also pleased with how our posture looks in these two quick videos.  Still a little poll low in some of the transitions(totally my fault cramming him together) and the free walk needs to stretch out more with more energy but loving the overall balance and fluidity of trot/canter work in general.  Look at that swingy trot!  Look at the easy balance in the canter!  Amazing what a rider posture change can do.  I think riding in this posture and adding slightly more difficulty slowly, is going to lead to some really quality work.  Excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment