Thursday, March 16, 2017

Dressage Rider Training for Free Yoga

                                          


I've been looking, as per my resolutions, for an online yoga source that is free and geared towards equestrians.  I think I have found it in Dressage Rider Training.  There is a webpage at dressageridertraining.com and also a large presence on YouTube and Pinterest.  Everything is free unless you want the tailored version, sold on the webpage, that will assess your fitness and take you step by step through a 12 week program.  I'm not looking for something that tailored but the free resources are fabulous and the quality of the videos is quite good.





I like how the videos are divided between stretches, exercises, and yoga specifically for the dressage rider.  Using YouTube it is really easy to make personalized playlists that include some yoga, a few stretches, and some exercises.  There are over 40 videos on YouTube, some short and some long, and I have yet to find one that wasn't interesting or helpful in some way.  I am definitely in the beginner yoga category but surprisingly a lot of the exercise and stretches are not that difficult until I get to higher reps.  That must mean I am using the correct muscles, right?




I especially like the Pinterest presence for the articles linked with each video explaining some of the "why" behind the different exercises and videos.  Nicola Smith, the brains behind DRT, is very professionally qualified and is also easy to follow and understand through the various exercises.  So far, I couldn't be more pleased with this free resource.  Check it out and tell me what you think.


2 comments:

  1. This is so great! I definitely will give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking the yoga and some of the exercise articles on Pinterest have been very illuminating, especially about stabilizing the spine/using the core.

      Delete