Friday, September 1, 2023

Intro B Again and Other Updates

 


So, I got my score back from our second try at Intro B.  1% higher than our last time, an eight on the last halt, and nice judge’s comments.  2nd place in the class and we missed first by .5%.  Oh well.

The canter is coming along so I think we’ll try Intro C this month and see what’s what.  I’ve been schooling with this test in mind and sometimes our canter transitions are good and sometimes not so great.  Did you know the quality of the trot preceding the canter has a lot to do with the quality of the canter?  We’re working on it…

In other news, we’re continuing on with our review of the TRT Method.  I continue to be shocked by all the nuance I missed the first time around and how much the added content helps with the details.  A solid win this week with TRT is I can now turn out Cruise on chilly(er) mornings on a loose rope with him walking behind me quietly.  This is a big deal for this horse in emotional regulation.  With the TRT leading protocol he is finally firmly out of my space and controlling his own emotions.  Under saddle TRT is vastly improved and we are now field walking quietly and getting closer and closer to the tree line every ride.  I’ve noticed also when we’re doing dressage in the sand ring it’s much easier to keep his focus or get it back.  

We have a lesson tomorrow with another horse which will be an interesting test of all the TRT principles from walking the ring, to scary objects, to dealing with another horse(or two) calmly.  I’m honestly really interested to see how it goes and will report back soon.



2 comments:

  1. That’s a nice score! I think I’m going to try some virtual shows next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY! I've found the virtual shows really useful while we work out the kinks to do in person showing.

      Delete