Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Next


I’m feeling this right now.  After a whirlwind six months of my daughter’s Senior ballet, college selection, Senior dance recital, High School graduation, and an open house hosted in my barn, it’s time to get back to my real life.  You know, horses, horses, horses.  I’ve been riding through all of this stuff, but have lacked a little focus.  Just picture home/barn renovations, party planning, multiple houseguests, and tons of social obligations.  You get the idea.  It all went really well and I am super proud of the girl’s accomplishments, but we have finally crossed the finish line.  So now it’s on to the summer and plans for riding and showing.  

I’m thinking I will try to qualify for year end awards with DLSC, which means getting scores at four different shows.  We’ve done this the two previous years at Intro and Training with success, and it fits my budget and minimalist showing aspirations.  Since I am not as prepared as I would like to be due to crazy family stuff and also some really wet weather, I think I will start show a Training 3 and First 1 for a while until we get rolling a bit.  Our lengthens are only so-so at the trot but everything else in the First tests are not bad, so it’s just a matter of riding some tests(please stop raining!!!) and working a bit on “spook” training using the TRT Method.

I’ve had a couple of epiphanies about balance, energy, and the rider’s seat that I will post about soon.  Small tweaks that are making a big difference.  Wish us luck as we get down to it and start showing in either 3 or five weeks-depending on the weather!

1 comment:

  1. It's like this every year. Nothing going on with horses and then it all explodes and there's too much to keep up with, especially with blogging!

    ReplyDelete