Saturday, October 7, 2023

Intro C Success

 




I was pretty pleased with this test, especially for our first outing at canter.  I was happy he picked up both leads, was rhythmic, and trying hard for me.  I thought he lacked a little forward energy, the canter transitions and length of canter needed some polish, and of course, I should be sitting up more.  Overall, I felt like it was a solid test though.  See it here at INTRO C .

I’ve been so pleased with online showing as a way to meet some training goals and get feedback while we work out our horse traffic/focus issues.  It’s helped me to stay on task and on track even though I ride mostly on my own.  There is one show per month, so I hope we’ll be able to get 1-2 more in before it is quarter sheet all the time weather.  Thinking we will move up to Training 1 for the next show but we shall see!


2 comments: