Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Training Test 1 Success

 




I was pretty happy with this test as our canter is still a little (very) sketchy.  I was so relieved to survive the first canter sequence that I forgot to ride him forward in the walk work.  Oh well.  I would like to be sitting up more but again, oh well.  Overall I thought this is very representative (except for the walk work) of where we are right now and honestly I couldn’t be happier. Those judge’s comments were deeply pleasing.  It’s amazing how riding him in a light following contact, forward, aiming for looseness and a seeking contact from him has improved things so much in such a short time.  See  it at TRAINING 1 if you’re so inclined.

My winter plan is, weather permitting, is to keep working our way through the RS Riding sequence of training while practicing all the individual parts of the Training Level tests.  I’d really like to get his canter work more solid as he’s already doing a lot of the First Level trot work but not even close at the canter.  Again, weather permitting, I’d like to do more online tests at Training during winter and early spring.  Then it will be time to take our show on the road.  We shall see, but this gives me hope that we are on the correct path!

No comments:

Post a Comment